Woohoo! I was nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you to Marlee at I Just Make Sandwiches for nominating me! If you haven’t read her blog, check it out! She has awesome cooking tips and recipes. You can also find her on Instagram.
What is the Liebster Award?
It’s an award to recognize new bloggers, nominated by peers. It’s a great chance to meet fellow bloggers and find new blogs to follow.
What are the rules?
- Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers to receive the award
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Give your nominees 11 new questions to answer.
- Pond at My Cup of Cheek
- Casey at Momma and the Pea
- Christyl at After 5 Playtime
- Mistie at Homespun Engineer
- Katrina at Every Super Woman
1. My daughter was born at home (on purpose).
2. I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
3. I always have lip balm with me. Always.
4. I eat raw garlic when I’m sick.
5. Math was my favorite subject in school.
6. I’m an only child (but I have 3 step-sisters).
7. I’m a night owl.
8. I love wine. I live in wine country. It’s a match made in heaven.
9. I used to work as an IT Business Analyst, Project Manager, and Test Lead.
10. I worked at a tanning salon in high school (that makes me cringe, now).
11. Our last house burned down a week before we moved in.
Questions from Marlee:
1. What brings you the greatest joy in life?
Hearing my son say “I love you, mommy” and my daughter say new words.
2. What is the most memorable meal you have ever had?
I don’t know why, but what keeps popping in my head is the cheese crepe I had for dinner in Paris. Perhaps because it was such a departure from what I would normally order for dinner.
3. If you could live in any time period, when would that be and why?
Now, or maybe the future. I wouldn’t want to go backward in women’s rights or other social issues.
4. How did you start blogging? What inspired you to start?
I’ve wanted to start a blog for years, but didn’t know what I’d write about. I was reviewing on Amazon, and decided to move to reviewing on a blog. I also made a list of other topics I’d like to write about, mostly about kids and family.
5. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
This was the hardest part of starting the blog! I wanted something that would leave my options open if I decided to take a different direction with the blog. I made a list of things I like, and asked my friend and my husband to help. My husband came up with A Wandering Vine because we love to travel, and we love wine (and live in wine country).
6. What is one valuable lesson you’ve learned in life that you wish to share with others?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
7. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia or Cinnamon Buns
8. What is your ideal lounge wear (PG ya’ll)?
Pajama pants with pockets, a tank top with a shelf bra, and a stretchy long-sleeve shirt if it’s cold.
9. Who is your lifetime hero and what would be one question you want to ask them?
This is a tough one. I wouldn’t say I have a specific lifetime hero, but Eckhart Tolle’s books really made an impact on me. I’d love to just hear what he has to say over lunch.
10. How do you hope to inspire your readers through your blog?
To enjoy life and parenting by trying new things and activities, and hopefully learning something new along the way.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world, what would be one place you would visit and why?
Africa (Namibia, etc.) because it would be so amazing and beautiful, and so different from anything I’ve experienced.
Questions for My Nominees:
- How did you decide to start blogging?
- How did you pick the name for your blog?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What 3 things would you take to a deserted island?
- What are your hobbies?
- If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not), who would it be? Why?
- What is your favorite thing to eat?
- What is your dream job?
- What was your first job?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is one of the most valuable life lessons you have learned?
I look forward to learning more about you! Don’t forget to tag me in your post so I can read it!